Payroll Slips – Things you should know!
What are the pay slip obligations?
Pay slips must be issued to each employee:
- within one working day of pay day, even if an employee is on leave
- in electronic form or hard copy.
It is best practice for pay slips to be written in plain and simple English.
What information must be included on the pay slip?
- The employer’s name
- The employer’s ABN (if any)
- The employee’s name
- The date of payment
- The pay period
- The gross and net amount of payment
- Any loadings, monetary allowances, bonuses, incentive-based payments, penalty rates, or other separately identifiable entitlement paid.
Additionally, where relevant, a pay slip must include other items. For further information please see the link below…